St Mark's Anglican Church - Former
St Mark's Anglican Church - Former 08-02-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane.
St Mark's Anglican Church - Former 08-02-2017 - John Huth, Wilston, Brisbane.

St Mark's Anglican Church - Former

Mulgildie, QLD 4630

Church Information

Church Name: St Mark's Anglican Church - Former
Church Previous Name: St Mark''s Church of England
Denomination: Anglican Church of Australia
Street Address: 7 Brigalow St, Mulgildie QLD 4630, Australia
Suburb: Mulgildie
State: QLD
Postcode: 4630
Foundation Stone Laid: unknown
Foundation Stone Notes: 

No Foundation Stone details are known. Information/photographs are invited.

A plaque records: St Mark's Church of England - This church was erected - To the glory of God - and in loving memory of - those men from this district - who made the Supreme Sacrifice - in - The Second World War.

Date Opened: 00-05-1959
Date Closed: 00-00-2013
Email: admin@churchesaustralia.org

Comments

The former St Mark's Anglican Church, Mulgildie property is now privately owned. It was designed by Helmut Breckwoldt, who also built the church with his colleague Hein Cassuben. The church building was dedicated in May 1959, in a service led by Archdeacon Richards and the Rector, Rev Victor Gilbert. It was deconsecrated in 2013. Hein Cassuben later built the larger Eidsvold Anglican church to the same design. Helmut Breckwoldt 1924 - 1998, was a German immigrant, trained in Drafting and Building, and renowned Watercolour Artist in Central Queensland. No other details are known. More historical information/photographs of the former church/congregation are invited. Photographs uploaded 6/8/2017.

Historical background to the builders provided by Jan C Beckwoldt - 6/8/2019.

Last Updated: Friday 22nd November, 2019
ADVANCED SEARCH